Are Bugs Pestering You?
The Dangers Of Bugs In Florida
- Let’s face it, pests cause problems for homeowners! They cost money and cause diseases.
- Fifty-six percent of homeowners have reported having had a problem with ants in the past year.
- Fire ants have colonies in the hundreds of thousands and cause painful, burning bumps through their bites.
- Cockroaches or “Palmetto bugs” cause diseases like salmonella, e.coli, food poisoning, diarrhea, allergies and various skin rashes.
Dangers Of Bugs In Florida Due To Disease
And Health Hazards
It is no surprise that there are alot of bugs in florida! With our warm and humid climate, this makes for a breeding ground where pests can thrive all year round. This can surely make bugs happy, but not so much a homeowner. This is for good reason too, seeing that these tiny menaces leave a path of destruction and disease in their wake. Here at The Bug Guys, we take this reality very seriously. We know you work hard to keep your family and property safe, and we are passionate to help you protect them too! All of our Port St. Lucie pest control services are geared toward our mission: to stop bugs in their tracks, BEFORE they make it to your home. Don’t let your family be exposed to insects, palmetto bugs, spiders or ants… stop them before they even make it into your home. Our trusted system of family and pet friendly pest control services in Port St. Lucie will give you peace of mind that will last into the future…today!
One of the most dangerous parts of allowing pests to occupy your home is the threat of disease. Various pests and insects such as the palmetto bug / cockroach have been known to carry diseases such as salmonella, e.coli, food poisoning, diarrhea, Campylobacteriosis, Cholera, Dysentery, Gastroenteritis, Giardia, Leprosy, Listeriosis, Typhoid Fever, allergies and various skin rashes. For this reason it is imperative that if you have a palmetto bugs / cockroach infestation in your home or residence that you act fast to evict them from your house. Our tried and proven pest control services for palmetto bugs in Port St. Lucie will ensure that they are eradicated on the first treatment. But we won’t stop there! By creating a protective barrier around your home, we will ensure that your unwanted house guests will remain out.
Another danger regarding bugs in Florida are the adverse health effects, such as bites, stings, and allergic reactions. Within homes, the danger of venomous spiders is a very real threat. The dreaded black widow, brown widow and brown recluse spiders can hide in common areas such as towels and shoes. Many bites from venomous spiders such as these have led to skin deformations and even death. Outside of homes within yards and lawn, there are wasps and stinging insects, which through painful stings can lead to harsh health effects and EVEN DEATH! One of the most common pests that will keep children from playing outside is the notorious red ant. Their painful bites will be sure to ruin an enjoyable experience outside for anyone. So whether you are dealing with pests inside your home or out in the yard, be sure to quickly have them exterminated to avoid health and disease issues. Here at The Bug Guys we provide the very best in pest control services and are passionate about protecting your home and family. So when in doubt, give us a call!
The Most Common Bugs In Florida
Here at The Bug Guys, we have seen just about every type of critter in south Florida… which is a lot considering there are more than 12,500 different insects living in Florida. We have found that there are some that are more common than others. The most common types of bugs include: sugar ants, cockroaches, fleas, spiders, silverfish, ants, and flying insects. While all of these bugs create a danger and annoyance to homeowners, there are 3 that are the most dangerous to watch out for: Fire ants, cockroaches / palmetto bugs, and spiders. These 3 pests need the most pest control service attention due to their adverse risk to homeowners health and wellness and as such we make it The Bug Guys mission to rid homeowners of them for good!
- Fire ants love damp soil to build their colonies, making a well-maintained, irrigated lawn at the top of their list.
- Fire ants colonies contain over 200,000 ants and their tunnels can stretch out 25 feet away from the mound.
- Most people will feel a severe discomfort when bitten by these bugs. While some are highly allergic to the venom in a fire ant bite, which can prove fatal.
- The bites from fire ants can last for up to 7 days, with bumps that blister.
Cockroaches / Palmetto Bugs
- Cockroaches (also referred to as palmetto bugs) can run up to 3mph. While this fact may seem like an impressive athletic ability for palmetto bugs, what it really means is that they are able to spread disease and bacteria throughout a home very quickly.
- Palmetto bugs Can Live Without Food for One Month. However, they can only survive for one week without water, which is why they are commonly found in moisture areas around the home, such as bathrooms, and underneath dishwashers. This means that while keeping your home clean can help to not attract them, once they are inside they can still thrive. Treatment is necessary once this is the case.
- A palmetto colony can contain anywhere from a few roaches to a few hundred. If you find an established “nest” in your home with multiple roaches, droppings and evidence of molting you should treat it as a serious infestation.
- It is said that an estimated 1 million spiders live in one sq. acre of land, and the number may be closer to 3 million in the tropics. It is also thought that a human is never more than 10 feet away from a spider—ever.
- The brown recluse spider is common to Florida and its bite can cause blood disorders. Brown recluse venom may cause red blood cells to burst, skin to rot and even acute kidney injury and jaundice.
- From 2001 to 2010 an estimated 2 million people in the US visited emergency rooms to treat spider bites.
- The venom of the female black widow is 15 times more potent than a rattlesnake.
- New construction spider pest control services are needed due to spiders homes being displaced.
Not All Pest Control Services Are The Same
A common sight here on the treasure coast is the pesky dirt mounds from fire ants at homes, schools, businesses and parks. This can be due to improper procedure of pest control service. The proper treatment for fire ants, spiders and palmetto bugs is necessary to ensure that these pests do not ruin your yard/home. Since poisonous spiders present a threat to your family, it is important to hire an expert spider exterminator in Port St. Lucie. Let our proven method for removing bug infestations free your home and yard from any tiny menaces.
A common sight here on the treasure coast is the pesky dirt mounds from fire ants at homes, schools, businesses and parks. This can be due to improper procedure of pest control service. The proper treatment for fire ants, spiders and palmetto bugs is necessary to ensure that these pests do not ruin your yard/home. Let our proven method for removing bug infestations free your home and yard from any tiny menaces.
Once we treat the infestation, WE WILL NOT STOP THERE! We want to help you feel reassured that our service has worked properly and effectively so that you can have the peace of mind that your home is protected. The next step we recommend is preventing new pest colonies from finding your home. Since bugs move from area to area, it is important to now get on the defense from new colonies from making your house their new home.
We believe in the proven method of creating a true bug prevention barrier. We deliver this by treating the perimeter of your property which has far greater prevention effectiveness than spot treatments alone. Do not allow your home to be invaded as pests walk right in. We would be glad to give you a pest prevention procedure that is unique to your property and take every precaution against bugs by creating a defense system that will last!
Here at The Bug Guys, we believe that your home should feel safe and free of any outside pests. That is why we strive to give FAST AND EFFECTIVE pest control service that will ensure that all of your pests are treated with the best products in the business. We know the frustration of having a treatment for pests done, just to have them back in a few days. If you have a pest that you or a service provider has been trying to get rid of, we are here to help! So give us a call today and let our team of skilled technicians give you the best pest control service on the treasure coast.
DIY vs. Hiring A Professional Pest Control Service
“Do It Yourself” methods are a great way to save money on repairs and prevention measures for your home and property. If you do consider yourself a DIY’er, and are curious of the possibility of treating your own bug infestation, here are a few things to consider:
- Not all methods of pest control and prevention are the same: Experience in classification is a key element to effectively eradicating bug infestations.
- Effective products and safety: Knowing the proper liquids and procedures can be a health safety issue. Your home can be affected negatively if professionally licensed and qualified personnel do not administer treatments.
- Lack of proper equipment: Equipment specific to the industry of pest control services are necessary while properly treating and preventing pest infestations. An industrial sprayer for lawns for example is best for the proper treatment of fire ants.
Pet Friendly Pest Control
The Bug Guys pet friendly pest control services are an important part of pest prevention. Here at The Bug Guys we understand that pets are just like family! So while we provide a bug free environment for your family, we do so by always keeping your dogs, cats and other pets safe from any harmful chemicals. All of our pet friendly pest control services provide the highest level of pest protection while maintaining a family and pet friendly environment.
To ensure that your pets are safe from pests such as fleas and ticks, our yard spraying services will kill any bugs existing and prevent new ones from showing up too! Our pet friendly pest control services will give you the peace of mind that your pets are safe from any harm regarding harmful chemicals and harmful bugs as well. We stand by our guarantee that bugs will be removed from your property with no extra cost to you. Our services include any treatment stops that are required to remove pests. So if you find that pests have returned, just give us a call because we’ve got you covered! There is no additional cost for re-treatment.
Not every home and pest situation is the same. That is why here at The Bug Guys we provide customized treatments that are designed to control any existing pest issues and help prevent future ones as well. With the winning combination of pest control services and prevention measures, you can feel confident that pests won’t stand a chance against us. So don’t sweat, because We’ve got you covered!
Our Pest Control Services
Interior Cockroach/Palmetto Service In Port St. Lucie
Here at The Bug Guys, interior services are automatically included as part of our ongoing pest control services. Our trusted service professionals will treat all plumbing areas in the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, and garage area, wherever insects may be entering your home. All entryways, windows, and door openings will also be treated.
Our service professional will also treat the attic entrance area, if accessible, with granular bait, specifically formulated to eliminate silverfish and Palmetto bugs.
Exterior Spider Control Services In Port St. Lucie
Our service professionals will treat the entire yard for all kinds of ants; including fire ants; white-footed ants; and carpenter ants at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
The Bug Guys go above and beyond, knocking down all spider webs, mud daubers, and wasp nests; including spider webs on screen enclosures.
During each visit, our spider service professional will do an inspection on the exterior of your home to determine if there are any possible pest entry points and any areas of concern that may lead to future problems, and then bring those areas to your attention.
If You've Got Pest Problems,
We've Got You Covered!
We give what other Port St. Lucie pest control service providers will not… a 100% guarantee! We stand by our workmanship and give a 100% guarantee of our work. If you find that bugs have returned to your home, give us a call and we will return at no cost to you! Don’t sweat it, because we’ve got you covered! All of your exterminator needs in Port St. Lucie are covered. Don’t go one more day wondering if your pest control provider is giving you the reliable expert pest control your home deserves. You work hard, and we will work hard to protect your home!